We are a firm owned by former journalists who put a premium on strategic thinking and innovative thinking. We work with clients throughout the United States and around the world on areas as diverse as education, energy, transportation, healthcare, government, politics, labor, criminal justice, international development and foreign policy.
If you believe you would thrive at Melwood Global, please email your CV and cover letter as a single .PDF to John Boit at email@example.com, stating your qualifications and why you believe you should be strongly considered for future openings.
Public Relations Account Executive
Melwood Global, Boston’s leading strategic communications and government relations firm, is hiring. We’re looking for an Account Executive to work in our Beacon Hill office in Boston, with the potential for remote options, on several high-profile communications initiatives. Melwood is owned and staffed by former journalists, spokespeople and public policy leaders who put a premium on media experience, strategic thinking, client service and innovative thinking.
Melwood believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. Melwood does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
Melwood works on behalf of numerous clients throughout the United States in areas including politics and government, transportation, energy and the environment, health care, K-12 and higher education, criminal justice and international development.
We hire smart people with multiple skills: great writers and strategic thinkers who also possess a host of valuable additional talents, including digital and design capabilities, photography, and video editing.
We would like to meet you if:
- You are intellectually curious about, well, everything. If you check the news instinctively before breakfast, that’s a good start.
- If you dig into data to see how and why a communications strategy is working, let’s talk.
- You can work independently and also know how to be a team player at all times.
- You crave escalating responsibilities and insist on exceeding expectations – always.
- You have a solid journalism/marketing/PR background with proven skills as an excellent strategic thinker, writer and communicator.
- You have a knack for creativity and an eye for visual storytelling.
We look for candidates with some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience as a journalist or in PR/marketing/communications (internships or college experience can apply in some instances)
- Superb research, writing and communications abilities
- Track record in strategic communications and in leading outreach efforts on campaigns, whether political, corporate or nonprofit
- Familiarity with graphic design techniques and software, such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Deep understanding of social media channels and web platforms, as well as associated communications tools and strategies
- Video creation and editing experience a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Extremely detail oriented, ensuring that all outbound communications products are error-free and ready for prime-time.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The salary range is $45,000-$65,000, depending on experience and skills. Benefits include four weeks paid time off annually (plus holidays), profit-sharing, company-funded retirement plan, commission bonuses, summer hours and work-from-home Fridays. Melwood also covers 100% of healthcare premiums, including vision and dental. Some travel within the US is likely.
Please send your CV with a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your qualifications and why you believe you should be shortlisted for an interview. Please include the subject line “Account Executive Application.”
This position will remain open until filled. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Melwood Global is pleased to offer full and part-time internships to qualified students and recent graduates looking to begin a career in PR, media, strategic communications, international relations or digital strategy. Internships can vary in length, but generally last for one semester/three months. Interns may be asked to do a variety of tasks that may include, but are not limited to: compiling media lists, research, journalist outreach/pitching, social media, blogging, participating in strategy meetings, occasional general administration tasks, and other duties as they arise or meet the intern’s qualifications. All interns will work under the supervision of a senior member of staff to ensure individual goals for each internship are being met and facilitate learning and professional growth. Internships are accepted on a rolling basis and are available at both of our office locations in Boston and the Washington, D.C. metro area.
If you are interested in an internship at Melwood Global, please send your resume, a copy of your college transcripts, a writing sample or example of work (website, digital media project, video, etc.) and a short cover letter (1-page max.; may be included in the body of the email) to email@example.com with the subject line formatted as “Internship, Desired Location, Desired Timeline” as in “Internship, Boston, Fall 2018”.
For any additional questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melwood Global is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.