Strategic Communications Account Executive
Melwood Global, a leading strategic communications firm with teams in Boston, Washington, D.C. and coastal Maine, is hiring. We’re looking for an Account Executive to work on several high-profile initiatives.
Melwood partners with leaders fighting for a meaningful, more secure future, bringing complex issues to life to motivate audiences and spur action. Our teams deliver unmatched, front-line experience in media, government, advocacy and crisis communications and we create impactful, unified teams to seamlessly achieve results for our clients.
Melwood believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. Melwood does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Melwood partners with numerous clients throughout the United States in areas including politics and government, transportation, energy and the environment, housing, health care, K-12 and higher education, criminal justice, racial equity and justice and international development.
We hire smart people with multiple skills: great writers and strategic thinkers who also possess a host of valuable additional talents, including digital and design capabilities, photography, and video editing.
We would like to meet you if:
- You are intellectually curious about, well, everything. If you check the news instinctively before breakfast, that’s a good start.
- You dig into data to see how and why a communications strategy is working.
- You can work independently and also know how to be a team player at all times.
- You crave escalating responsibilities and insist on exceeding expectations – always.
- You have a solid media/government/advocacy/PR background with proven skills as an excellent strategic thinker, writer and communicator.
- You have a knack for creativity and an eye for visual storytelling.
We look for candidates with some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience as a journalist or in PR/marketing/communications (internships or college experience can apply in some instances)
- Superb research, writing and communications abilities
- Track record in strategic communications and in leading outreach efforts on campaigns, whether political, corporate or nonprofit
- Familiarity with graphic design techniques and software, such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Deep understanding of social media channels and web platforms, as well as associated communications tools and strategies
- Video creation and editing experience a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Extremely detail oriented, ensuring that all outbound communications products are error-free and ready for prime-time.
This full-time position, which would be predominately remote working, at least to start, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The salary range is $45,000-$65,000, depending on experience and skills. Benefits include four weeks paid time off annually (plus holidays), profit-sharing, company-funded retirement plan, commission bonuses and summer hours. Melwood also covers 100% of healthcare premiums, including vision and dental. Some travel within the US is likely.
Please send your resume with a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your qualifications and why you believe you should be shortlisted for an interview. Please include the subject line “Account Executive Application.”
This position will remain open until filled. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.