Melwood Global is a strategic communications firm with offices in Boston and the Washington, D.C. area. We are a firm owned by former journalists who put a premium on strategic thinking and innovative thinking. We work with clients throughout the United States and around the world on areas as diverse as education, energy, transportation, healthcare, government, politics, labor, criminal justice, international development and foreign policy.
If you believe you would thrive at Melwood Global, please email your CV and cover letter as a single .PDF to Senior Partner Jon Tapper at email@example.com, stating your qualifications and why you believe you should be strongly considered for future openings.
Melwood Global works on behalf of numerous clients throughout the United States and abroad in areas including international development, transportation, health care, energy, higher education, government, politics, and more.
We would like to meet you if:
- You are intellectually curious about, well, everything. If you check the news instinctively before breakfast, that’s a good start.
- You can work independently and you know how to be a team player at all times.
- You crave escalating responsibilities and insist on exceeding expectations – always.
- You have a solid journalism/PR background that makes you an excellent writer and communicator.
We look for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years of experience (as a journalist or in PR/communications)
- Superb research, writing and communicating abilities
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to grasp multiple issues across multiple industries within tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Video creation and editing experience
- Design and layout experience for marketing materials and publications
- Deep experience with social media platforms and communications tools and strategies
These full-time positions offer highly competitive pay and excellent benefits. Benefits include health care, four weeks’ paid time off plus holidays, profit-sharing, company-funded retirement plan, commission bonuses, summer hours and work-from-home Fridays. Travel within the US is very likely.
Please send your CV with a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your qualifications and why you believe you should be shortlisted for an interview. Please include the subject line “Account Executive Application.” Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Melwood Global is pleased to offer full and part-time internships to qualified students and recent graduates looking to begin a career in PR, media, strategic communications, international relations or digital strategy. Internships can vary in length, but generally last for one semester/three months. Interns may be asked to do a variety of tasks that may include, but are not limited to: compiling media lists, research, journalist outreach/pitching, social media, blogging, participating in strategy meetings, occasional general administration tasks, and other duties as they arise or meet the intern’s qualifications. All interns will work under the supervision of a senior member of staff to ensure individual goals for each internship are being met and facilitate learning and professional growth. Internships are accepted on a rolling basis and are available at both of our office locations in Boston and the Washington, D.C. metro area.
If you are interested in an internship at Melwood Global, please send your resume, a copy of your college transcripts, a writing sample or example of work (website, digital media project, video, etc.) and a short cover letter (1-page max.; may be included in the body of the email) to Jessica Silva-Hodges at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line formatted as “Internship, Desired Location, Desired Timeline” as in “Internship, Boston, Fall 2018”.
For any additional questions please contact email@example.com.
Melwood Global is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.